1. WHO WE ARE
We are a UK based motion capture agency. We represent 'capture actors. For the purposes of data protection law, we will be a controller of the personal information we hold about you. This means we make decisions about how and why your information is used, and have a legal duty to make sure that your rights are protected when we do so.
2. THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect the following types of personal information:
Information you give us when you sign up to our mailing list via our website or give us through choice via email or by phone.
We will ask for the following personal information about you:
- your name;
- your contact details (e-mail address, mobile phone number); and
- your business address if you are a client using our service or your home address if you are wishing to join our roster of voices.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
We may keep the details of any jobs we have worked with you on such as EULA (End User Licensing agreements) for legal reasons as part of our service to you, legal agreements and invoices for our accounts.
When you are using our service we do not pass on any of your details to any third party unless we are required to by law or if we have your permission to do so.
Any information you have provided to enable us to act as your agent or assist on a project you have requested us to do.
Finally, if you have interacted with us via social media e.g. by liking our Facebook page, or connecting with us on Instagram, we may contact you via those platforms too.
When you visit our Website, we may collect technical data about the device you are using, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type. This is used for system administration and to improve the look and feel of our web presence.
Special Category Data
(also known as sensitive personal information)
We do not collect any special categories of personal information about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). If you have disability requirements we may store the information you provide to us about your disability in order to improve our service to you.
If you are a client that has signed an agreement with The Mocap Agency LLP in order for us to find you mocap work we may need to disclose certain personal information to our clients, casting directors or anyone wishing to hire you for a job such as; race, ethnicity, body measurements, age, gender, disabilities if this information is required as part of the casting process.
3. COOKIESA cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or device if you agree. We use the following types of cookies:
Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Website.
Analytical/performance cookies. These cookies allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Website. This helps us to improve the way both sites work, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
Social Media Sharing Buttons. We do use sharing buttons in order to make it easier for you to follow our content via your social media pages. These buttons are third-party cookies which are placed onto your device when you visit our Website. Even without you clicking on the relevant sharing button, these sites are aware that you have visited our Website, and may use this information when building their profile of you, and deciding what advertisements you might like to see. You should check the respective policies of each of these social networks to see how exactly they use your personal information. This process does not involve us collecting or storing any of your personal information ourselves.
4. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will only use your personal information when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal information in the following circumstances:
with your consent;
where we need to perform a contract with you e.g. if you are an actor joining our roster or if we secure you a job and need to issue a license or agreement between Actor and Client.
where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party), and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests (see the "Legitimate Interests" section below); or
where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
We may use personal information held about you in the following ways:
to advise you of any changes or additions to The Mocap Agency LLP roster
to ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device;
to respond to queries you send us.
When contacting you for any of the above purposes we may do so by phone or email, unless you tell us otherwise. Your data will be treated in accordance with applicable data protection law. It will not be disclosed to anyone outside of The Mocap Agency LLP group, our group, and any other parties named or described in section 8 below.
On our website to help secure Actor work. It has been agreed to display the following data; Date of Birth, name, armspan, height, bodyshape, links to spotlight and reels, special skills and experience.
5. LEGITIMATE INTERESTSWe may rely on legitimate interests to process your personal information, provided that your interests do not override our own. Where we rely on legitimate interests, these interests are:
to keep our records updated and to study how our Website and other services are used;
to administer and protect our business and web presence (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting);
to inform our marketing strategies; and
to grow our business.
6. KEEPING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION SAFEWe employ a variety of physical and technical measures to keep your personal information safe and to prevent unauthorised access to, use or disclosure of it. We control who has access to your data (using both physical and electronic means). These means include an electronic firewall and other protection measures that involve virus scanning, installation of security patches, vulnerability testing, backup and recovery planning, security audits and other steps designed to improve data protection.
We cannot absolutely guarantee the security of the internet, external networks, or your own device, accordingly any online communications (e.g. information provided by email or through our Website) are at your own risk.
7. STORAGE AND RETENTIONWhere we store your personal information
Electronic data and databases are stored on secure servers in the United Kingdom.
How long we keep it;
We collect and store personal information for purposes connected with our business. As such, we will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary for those purposes.
If you use our services as a Client or Actor, we will retain your personal information for five years after you notify us of not wanting us to act as your agent or if you are a client using our services from the date the last job is finished. We feel that five years is an acceptable time-period, since some Clients may want to re-license work or request for amends revisions of work that has been undertook previously. Five years will give you ample time to rebook actors or extend a license.
8. DISCLOSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATIONWe may need to disclose your personal information to third parties. Where we do so, any such disclosure will be on the basis that these third parties are required to keep the data we give them confidential and secure, and will not use it for any other purpose than to carry out the services they are performing for us.
When you use our service, we disclose your name and e-mail address and telephone number (Actor to Client and Client to Actor) . We do this for two main reasons:
To allow you to work with each other effectively and to fulfil legal requirements regarding licensing your performance for
If we choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets, we may disclose your personal information to the new owners of the business. Alternatively, we may seek to acquire other businesses or merge with them. If a change happens to our business, then the new owners may use your personal information in the same way as set out in this policy.
9. DISCLOSURES REQUIRED BY LAWWe are subject to the law like everyone else. We may be required to give information to legal authorities if they so request or if they have the proper authorisation such as a search warrant or court order.
We also may need to retain and disclose certain personal information about you to regulatory authorities and to appropriate agencies to conduct anti-money laundering and trade sanction checks and to assist with fraud prevention. We will disclose this information as is required by law.
10. YOUR RIGHTSWe want you to remain in control of your personal information. Part of this is making sure you understand your legal rights, which are as follows:
where your personal information is processed on the basis of consent, the right to withdraw that consent;
the right to confirmation as to whether or not we are holding any of your personal information and, if we are, to obtain a copy of it;
from 27th November 2019, the right to have certain data provided to you in a portable electronic format (where technically feasible);
the right to have inaccurate personal information rectified;
the right to object to your personal information being used for marketing or profiling, or on the basis of our or a third party's legitimate interests;
the right to restrict how your personal information is used; and
the right to be forgotten, which allows you to have your personal information erased in certain circumstances (though this is not an absolute right and may not apply if we need to continue using it for a lawful reason).
If you would like further information about any of your rights or wish to exercise them, please contact us using the details given in section 1.
Please keep in mind that there are exceptions to the rights above and, though we will always try to respond to your satisfaction, there may be situations where we are unable to do so (for example, because the information no longer exists or there is an exception which applies to your request).
If you are not happy with our response, or you believe that your data protection or privacy rights have been infringed, you should contact the UK Information Commissioner's Office, which oversees data protection compliance in the UK. Details of how to do this can be found at www.ico.org.uk.
11. UPDATING THIS POLICYWe may update this Policy at any time. When we do, we will post a notification on our Website and we will also revise the updated date at the bottom of this page. We encourage users to frequently check this page for any changes to stay informed about how we are helping to protect the personal information we hold.
This policy was last updated on 27th November 2019
The Mocap Agency LLP | Partnership No. OC432714 | Registered office Century House, 15-19 Dyke Road, Brighton, East Sussex, United Kingdom, BN1 3FE | VAT Registration Number is 354 4